TECHNICAL WRITER -ENGINEER
Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Gather and analyse technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
Creation and maintenance of user and service documentation for industrial trucks, warehouse systems and material flow technology, developed in the company group
· Researching the necessary information for new products, systems and components
· Coordination with the departments and persons involved in the product development process and taking over self-responsibility for your tasks
· Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
· Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
· Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
· Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
· Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
· Continuous development of our standards, processes and editorial guidelines.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Customer Service Director.
IT literate, strong Microsoft Office Suite and SAP skills.
· Demonstrate a good business knowledge (e.g. products and processes).
· Completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or technical documentation / technical training with corresponding qualifications as well as a technical writer training.
· Technical, preferably practical, experience in the field of vehicle engineering and mechatronics, ideally relevant professional experience as a technical writer.
· Good subject-specific IT skills (experienced in the use of xml-based content management systems, Adobe Illustrator, XMetaL, ).
· Technical product communication in 3D as well as application of rule-based writing.
· An additional language (German, Spanish or French) would be desirable.
· Customer Orientation
· Attention to detail
· Planning & Organising
· Excellent communication (written and verbal)