Start date: ASAP
Location: London. Predominantly In-office business with some flexibility.
Language: English (must)
The London Branch quant team provides a quantitative analytics service to our bank London Branch Front Office as well as Risk area
The Rates Quants team works alongside the Rates Trading desk in SLB, which covers GBP and USD linear desks, XCCY desk, GBP volatility and GBP Inflation, as part of Europe Market activities.
Activities in quants area include:
– Derivatives modelling
– Development of pricing libraries
– Development of our in-house quantitative platform – Mercury / windfall / Mariner.
– Support for derivatives models to the Sales and Trading desks,
– Bespoke analysis and modelling
- Experience in market practices modelling inflation.
- Extension of the pricing capabilities of existing tools/models as well as develop new ones in line with the requirements of the inflation trading desk.
- Collaborate closely with the Trading, Sales and Risk teams and especially with Quants teams in other locations.
- Appropriately assess risk and rewards of transactions when collaborating with the business decision makers.
– Takes personal responsibility to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks. Prioritises activities to mitigate risk as appropriate and takes accountability to resolve issues. Ensures awareness of and adherence to the internal policies of the bank and legislative/regulatory guidelines of relevant external authorities. Regularly reviews and challenges procedures or risk management practice and initiates actions to resolve issues.
– Ability to work with others and influence on benefit of the Business. Shows clear understanding of personal objectives in the context of the wider team; and is able collaborate and communicate efficiently with the team and stakeholders in the current WFH environment.
– Understands the customers’ needs and consistently strives to provide the highest standards of service, deliver on promises, and exceed customer expectations. Takes initiative to add longer term value for the customer.
– Higher qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or relevant mathematical based degree.
– Strong background in inflation modelling, both in vanilla and volatility products
– Strong programming skills (preferably Python, C++)
– Show teamwork capabilities
– Creative thinker capable of original and innovative ideas, who is able to work independently, often under pressure and with limited information.
– PhD/ Masters in Maths / Physics / Engineering
– Track record in putting projects into a production environment