MARKETS MIDDLE OFFICE PROJECT SUPPORT-UK
Enhance intra-day systems, processes and controls to support Business Protection in SLB Markets MO, reducing risk to the business.
Daily tasks will include:
• Historically, all controls related to Markets Middle Office are detective after the event. This has resulted in errors being detected too late to avoid a loss being identified or a regulatory breach being identified.
• Markets MO would like to update processes to introduce better preventive controls, that can be run earlier and more often reducing the risk or loss or regulatory censure.
• A number of processes have been identified that can benefit from philosophy on best practise controls and which the following actions are required:
• Update process / TOM’s with additional controls included
• Identify opportunities to run controls in automated fashion to reduce Operational risk
• Identify were manual processes are being run to support system limitations creating Financial and Non Financial Risk
• Develop Business Requirements to close system defects
Core Requirements / Skills:
· A good understanding of Derivatives especially interest rate derivatives
· Experience with analysis and reconciliations as well as problem solving capabilities
· Good level Excel
· Knowledge of Murex and MarkitWire would be beneficial
· Good communication skills