SR DEVELOPER .NET BANK SECTOR
Location: any, preferably Spain, France, Portugal due to time proximity
Global Technology, UK has started a greenfield project to enhance its electronic trading offering with in SCIB Fixed Income. Working closely with the fixed income trading business both in London and Spain, the team will deliver on a 3-year strategy to build a cloud-based trading platform. The project is sponsored at high levels with-in the business and is a new initiative. Working in a small development team, the focus will be on delivering high quality solutions for electronic trading and pricing workflows. The aim of the project is to build an agile team that works closely with the business sponsors to ensure a high-quality platform that delivers on the needs of a global trading business.
Senior Developer (.Net)
As a Senior developer you will be responsible for the ensuring the team deliver high quality software, using industry best practices for code management, testing and CI/CD. This is an exciting opportunity to build a new greenfield solution, working as part of a small team, to help the business improve their electronic trading capabilities within the fixed income space. The platform itself is built on top of AWS and makes use of many services within the AWS ecosystem.
Job Responsibilities / Role
- Take responsibility for the software delivery by ensuring quality and scope expectations are met.
- Contribute and take ownership of the technical design and ensure all aspects of the system architecture are well documented.
- Work closely with partner technology teams and to collaborate effectively.
Candidates must have the technical skills listed below, and in addition, have worked within a front-office development team in the last 5- 10 years. History of role stability is preferred.
Technical Skills Required:
- Very deep understanding of .Net/.Net Core and Solid understanding of OO principles.
- Experience in ASP.NET Core Web API and RESTful API techniques.
- Solid understanding of and experience with multi-threading and asynchronous programming.
- Familiar with SQL and NoSql databases.
- Hands-on experience with containerisation solutions like Docker.
- Experience designing and building api based service oriented or microservice architectures.
- Diligent with automated testing i.e. Nunit/Moq/Cucumber etc.
- Strong experience with middleware messaging services like Rabbit MQ, TIBCO, SignalR etc.
- Solid experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools like Git, TeamCity etc.
- Agile development/Software life cycle
Nice to have Skills:
- Fixed Income product knowledge
- Experience configuring continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Experience using AWS platform.
Qualities & Skills
- Energetic, motivated and determined
- Pragmatic and results-oriented
- Adaptable to diverse set of technical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field, or substantial practical experience of software delivery at an advanced level.